Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How to turn an inline object into an anchored object in InDesign


If you deal with manuals or longer technical data, InDesign's inline anchored objects are a huge time saver. Unfortunately, some people don't realize that it is possible to convert an inline graphic into a anchored object. Here are are the steps you need to take to convert an inline object into an anchored object.

  1. Select your inline object with the selection tool.
  2. Go to the Object > Anchored Object > Options menu
  3. Change the position option from "inline or above line" to "custom"
  4. Now it is an anchored object and you can freely move the graphic around the page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on a PC and was recently upgraded to Acrobat Professional 9.0. I've noticed when I create PDFs using the print feature on my PC that my links are sticking from websites. Besides manually fixing each individual one - what are my other options.

James Fritz said...

Anonymous,

I really need more information to help you with your acrobat problem. Please email us with more information and a copy of your pdf to support@c2gp.com

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but that email gets bounce backed over and over. I'll just get the info from Adobe or a different training company that i work with.

Meri Frahm said...

Please accept our apologies - the email is actually support@c2gps.com. Fritz will be happy to help with the issue if you'd still like to send us the information and the PDF. We apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!!