Wednesday, February 13, 2008

slow day, snow day



Wednesday is my day to blog. Well, I got snowed out on 2/6 and if I don't post this tonight, I'll be a delinquent blogger two weeks in a row!

Last week I could have easily posted a blog from home. In fact, I should have. Instead I worked via phone and email all morning, then, realizing I had forgotten my power cord for my laptop, I trekked downtown in the blizzard-like conditions.

Ultimately it was a beautiful (but treacherous) drive. The snow was LOVELY! Truly amazing scenery. I called JC (aka Jim Conway, my brother...but since there's also Jim Fritz, Jim Simon and Jimmy "the Wams" Wamser at C2, we call my brother JC) to encourage him to drive up Lake Drive toward Shorewood to get some cool shots of the trees. He's a pro photog (check out www.jamesconwayphoto.com) and the effect of the snow coating the trees over the road was something I could only admire, but he could turn into a work of art (for me!). My brother, a sucker for a potentially great shot, decided to forge through the snow, alas, his Honda did not fare as well as my truck and he wasn't able to get any pics. Instead he got stuck in a snow drift. Bummer.

It was just that kind of day. I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked to and JC didn't get his photos. Our dad, senior consultant for C2 North, didn't let the snow slow him down. He got some very pretty shots! He compared the snow up north to ivory soap flakes. I think it looks like MOVIE snow.

Maybe a snow day can be cathartic and relaxing every once in awhile. There's always time to to be crazy-busy. Next time it snows, enjoy watching a few flakes fall gently to the ground. Take a few seconds to cherish the miracle and beauty of nature.

For those of you seeking a big TECH blog, hold tight...I'm downloading BENTO, a new FileMaker application just for OS X Leopard! I'll share my experiences soon!

No comments: