Monday, March 31, 2008

The importance of backing up your files

Last week my hard drive died on my laptop. The worst part about this was my lack of backing up my data. I really lost a lot of data. I have spent about two days now reinstalling my programs, updating them, and configuring my system to get it back to the state it was prior to my hard drive failure. Even after I get everything up and running the way it was, I will still be with out a bunch of files that I was working on.

I am writing this as a reminder to everyone to backup your data regularly. I always heard the saying, there are two type of people. One that backs up their data, and one that will after they lose their data. I never paid much attention to it since I have never hard a problem. Now that I have learned the hard way, I will be backing up quite often.

No comments: