Saturday, March 1, 2008

Quick Web Tip , Part Two

Ok...just finished part one, but this second tip will be a lot quicker and less confusing.

I know whenever I am testing a site (on my Mac) I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot test on Internet Explorer, which I believe is still well over 50% of the viewing public. That is without launching Parallels, Bootcamp, or something similar. But that wastes some time, and there are some other browsers that I don't have that I should probably check too - not to mention previous versions which I have long ago overwritten with newer versions of browser.

Well fret no more, if you did before, because there is a site which will test your site on a wide variety of browsers, over different verions, on different platforms.

BrowserCam is an amzing website which lets you upload html, or even a site that is currently live and takes snapshots of it in the browsers that you select. I selected every browser and it gave me something like 120 different images of my about page (Mythtaken). Now when I was using the site, the speed was really slow, but the service is certainly cool.

No comments: