Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Assign multiple keywords with one click in Adobe Bridge CS3

You have always been able to add keywords to images in Adobe Bridge but new in CS3 is the ability to apply sub-keywords and their parents in one simple click, assuming you have made a series of keywords that are related. I created an "animal" keyword that applies to all animals, a "dog" sub-keyword for dogs and a "Labrador Retriever" sub-keyword for just that breed of dog. If I click on just "Labrador Retriever" I apply only the keyword "Labrador Retriever" as shown below

But why wouldn't I want to apply the parent keywords of "animal" and "dog" to this image also? I can do so with 1 click, not 3. If I shift-click on "Labrador Retriever" it adds that keyword and all its parents which is very frequently what I want

No comments: