Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Way to go Apple!

As a tongue-in-cheek joke I posted on my personal blog that Apple was an evil corporation.

Let me explain ... I LOVE Apple actually. The only reason I own a non-iPod is that the gym requires an FM Transmitter to listen to the TVs and they don't make one on any version of the iPods. I have been toying with the idea of purchasing one since I buy 99.9% of my music from iTunes and the conversion time is very tedious.

So imagine my surprise when I went to burn a CD with Ingrid Michaelson's album Girls & Boys along with the cute-sy remake track off the Juno soundtrack "Anyone Else But You" by Michael Cera & Ellen Page and got a "MEDIUM WRITE ERROR" message. It wasn't the CD's, it wasn't the burner (tried data CDs and burning some of my MP3 and AIFF files and they were fine) - it was iTunes & the purchased music. After struggling and asking for support, I found no resolve except chit-chat among forums that this is a well-known problem and the bug fix should be out Friday or early February.

I joked on my personal blog that Apple was now making me go out and buy an iPod and a power adaptor for my car so I could listen to the music after making me purchase the upgraded Leopard and what-not.

Within one minute (literally! - Posted at 4:24, response posted at 4:25! - An Apple backer had already found the post and offered suggestions to what it might actually be and included links to Apple Geniuses. Brilliant. That's customer service! If it wasn't an Apple employee, you have to have respect for a company that harnesses such loyalty that even users are looking out for their name - tongue and cheek or not!

No comments: